Lifecycle Of The Search Campaign
What are you doing for my Google AdWords or Microsoft Bing campaign?
A whole lot! Even a basic search campaign includes:
- Start up tasks
- Google / Bing Account Creation
- Install and configure conversion tracking, Google Analytics, and Remarketing codes
- Website audit and client consultation (if required) or landing page creation
- Define the objective of the campaign
- Create the account structure
- Create keywords in a logical and experienced manner
- Create an initial set of negative keywords
- Create meaningful and compelling ads (text and image)
- Create a Google Analytics account
i. If already existing then link the accounts
ii. Advanced set-up including goals, funnels, and a custom dashboard
- Group keywords and ad copy in a proper, scalable manner
- Create ad extensions
i. Site links Extensions
ii. Location Extensions
iii. Call Extensions
- Set bid amounts based on your business logic
- Set target locations and bid accordingly
- Set device (computer + tablets / smart phones) level bids based on industry experience.
- Ongoing optimization
- Monitor quality score(QS) of the keywords
i. If the quality score is lagging, then improve the relevancy between keyword / ad copy and website and make required adjustments to positively impact your QS, CTR, and AdRank
- Monitor CTR (Click Through Rate)
i. Quality score improvements
ii. Bid adjustments to focus on performing search terms
iii. Ad copy adjustments to create a meaningful offer and effective call to action.
iv. Search query report analysis, adding variations of your best keywords and using negative keywords to get rid of low performing searches.
v. Adjusting the “match type” used, on a keyword level
- Monitor leads or sales
i. Keyword optimisation – pausing underperforming keywords and building out variations of your best keywords
ii. Match type adjustments to focus on the lowest cost per lead searches
iii. Continually working with our clients to create high relevancy between keyword, ad copy, website, and the actual product or service.
iv. Lowering bounce rate thru ongoing optimization
v. Raising time on site per visitor thru ongoing optimization
vi. Ad copy adjustments and optimization
vii. Website/landing page recommendations or redesigns
viii. Continually analyzing the search query report to identify and build on searches which are getting you results.